How to Cook Jollof Rice with OBE SauceDecember 21, 2015
OBE Sauce – Cooking GuidelinesDecember 21, 2015
Ever wondered how to prepare egusi soup? Then you will find this recipe useful
- Egusi (Melon) seeds – 3 cigar cups | 600g
- Red Palm Oil – 2 cooking spoons
- Beef – Best cut and Shaki (cow tripe)
- Fish – Dry Fish and Stock Fish
- Vegetable – Pumpkin leaves or Bitter leaf
- OBE Sauces (Hot Formula)
- Put 2 cooking spoons of red palm oil into a dry pot and set on the stove to heat. As soon as the oil is clearer, add the ground egusi and start frying. This should be done on low heat to avoid burning. Keep frying till you see the egusi getting drier. One sign of this is that it will start sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Now, start adding the shaki/fish stock little by little while still stirring the egusi. When the stock is exhausted and you feel that the soup is still too thick, you can add more water. If your choice of vegetable is bitterleaf, it should be added now as well.
- Cover the pot and cook for 30 minutes. The egusi is done when you notice that the oil has risen to the surface of the mix and separated from the mix. If this is the case, add the fish, shaki and meat you boiled earlier. Also add OBE Sauces and salt to taste. If pumpkin leaves (or any other soft vegetable) is your choice, please add it now.
- Cover the pot and once it gets a good boil, it is done!